Friday, April 1, 2011

Mama Needed Chocolate

No this is not a cookie, but I needed chocolate and I like to bake anything. For awhile I have wanted to tackle cake balls, but have never gotten around to it. The desire for chocolate made this a reality. I made homemade chocolate cake and homemade chocolate buttercream frosting then dipped in semi-sweet chocolate to coat. Yum! I had some trial and error going on in the kitchen that day. I discovered that only taking a few balls out of the freezer at a time worked much better than the others quickly coming to room temperature while sitting out waiting for their chocolate bath. I also discovered that dunking the balls in a deeper container was much better at coating than a shallower container (thanks to my husband!). All in all they turned out great. I already have new and exciting combinations floating around in my head. I have a plan for Easter which you will just have to wait to find out about. These would be great for parties. They make quite a few and are so rich people would not need more than a couple. Anyway, I am a sleep deprived mom and need the chocolate and extra calories, right?




No comments:

Post a Comment