Sunday, April 3, 2011

An Apple a Day Keeps the Doctor Away

Does that still work if it is an apple cookie? I'm going to go ahead and declare yes. This batch of cookies is for my first order due to the blog. I made cookies for a friend's open house in the fall, so this is technically my second order. Exciting for me, but I'm a nerd and get excited about lots of little things. A friend wanted to send along some much needed appreciation and sugar to some well deserving teachers during the TAKS test week. She requested the traditional apple, but in cookie form. Finding an apple cookie cutter was not hard, but finding one with a leaf was. So my husband bought me an apple cutter and a small leaf cutter and said, "see what you can do with this." This was my first time "splicing" two shapes together. It went really well! I was a little apprehensive about the whole red food coloring thing. However, the new brand I am using tastes a hundred times better than the other well known brand that shall remain nameless. Someday these will make great teacher gifts for my child's teacher. How 'bout them apples?







No comments:

Post a Comment