Saturday, May 26, 2012

Biscuits: Take 2

So I've posted before about the buttermilk biscuits I make. Ever since the last time I made them to freeze, I've intended to do that again. But apparently life got in the way.
So today me and my little helper stocked the freezer for breakfast. These really aren't that bad for you if you portion them and they cost way less than organic sprouted wheat bagels. We couldn't find buttermilk without any additives. We do not eat anything with MSG, MSG like products, high fructose corn syrup, etc. I'm not going to say that this isn't a pain at times and that going through a drive through wouldn't be easier sometimes, but it has made a big change in our health ( headaches, weight, hunger control, energy). So I had to use a powdered cultured buttermilk. I was somewhat skeptical, but it seemed to work just fine.
Our new oven also posed some issues. It is hot! It cooks much hotter than our last oven. Luckily, I didn't assume that it would be the exact same or we would have had burnt biscuits. I did have to lessen the time in the oven and watch them much more carefully. And my first batch did not rise because I cut them too thin. But all in all the biscuits turned out great again.




No comments:

Post a Comment