Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Stockings were hung. . .

  The third and final cookie I made to complete my big order were stockings. I knew I wanted to do a traditional red and white stocking, but when I started to pipe my white lines I decided I didn't like just doing a straight edge. I decided to give them a scalloped edge. When I went to flood in my red, I discovered I had created a lot more work for myself. I had to very carefully and slowly ease my icing in between all my little scallops. A little frustrating, but turned out cute. That night we also had more rain than we have seen in awhile. My cookies were sitting out to dry, but I think the humidity had an adverse effect on how my white icing dried. It was a little funny, but actually ended up looking a little fluffy like a real stocking.
  These would be great to personalize for place cards or a cute, edible gift tag.


No comments:

Post a Comment