Sunday, June 3, 2012

Summer Cookie Trio

 I can tell you that I truly missed decorating cookies. I know because it didn't feel like work at all. I had fun. I am a crafty, artistic person by nature. If I don't do something like this for awhile I get withdrawals.
I knew I wanted a summery theme for this batch of cookies. I had a big flower cutter I had never used and sunflower popped into my head. What's funny is, right after I decided this, several blogs I look at did sunflowers. I guess we were on the same wavelength. I saw some ladybugs that were cute and then leaves seemed like a nice accent. I don't have a ladybug cutter per say. I was just going to use my round and work from there. But as I was digging around, I saw the monkey head cutter I have. I looked at it and realized if I just cut off one ear it would work really well. I love using a cookie cutter for a totally unexpected shape. There's a reindeer cookie Martha Stewart did with a gingerbread boy cutter. Too cute!
Baking the cookies went really well as you know and then Saturday it was time for icing. I use royal icing and probably my least favorite part of decorating cookies is trying to tint my icing just right. And then I have multi hued fingers and icing everywhere.
Decorating went smoothly. I was very relaxed and didn't rush and this always leads to me being much happier with my cookies. Sometimes when I'm making them for an order, I get nervous.
I really like how they turned out and how they look together. I think they would be cute for a girl's summer birthday. So much fun. Looking forward to some 4th of July cookies.








No comments:

Post a Comment